VP Sales & Marketing
Responsible for all sales activities, including current customer Account Management (assigned) as well as New Business Prospecting & Development. Executes agreed upon Sales Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding company revenues and profit. Works with multiple departments (Customer Service, Production, Operations, Shipping) for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Responsible for the sale of custom rubber and plastic extruded products to a wide variety of industries
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge that allows for effective Sales presentations to Purchasing/Supply Chain decision-makers
- Sell consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and customers regarding solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Take in-bound RFQ’s from customers and prospects and initiate & manage internal Cost-Estimating process
- Manage RFQ responses back to customers and prospects. When needed - use computer/software to write up and send Quotes to customers and prospects
- Develop and maintain database of qualified leads through referrals, Hoovers Database, telephone prospecting and face to face meetings with Purchasing contacts.
- Attend trade shows, industry meetings and customer events as needed
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all sales representative activities including RFQ’s, quote delivery, sales by customer, new business development activities and follow-up activities within assigned customers and/or territories.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Relationships and Roles
Internal / External Cooperation
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in a custom manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Local & overnight travel (30% minimum)